The concept of partially coherent Gaussian Schell-Model pulse (GSMP) is introduced in time domain, which can be used to characterize light pulses whose amplitude and phase are partially correlated. An analytical propagation formula of GSMP through dispersive media is derived rigorously by using tensor method. An application example showing the influences of coherence property on the propagation of pulses are illustrated.
Scopus Subject Areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Partially coherent light pulse
- Tensor method