This paper describes a new method of analyzing the syndromes for multiple input Linear Feedback Shift Registers (LFSR). A matrix formulation is developed to simplify the analysis from traditional polynomial representation of Cyclic Code. In particular, the information contained in the syndrome is investigated. Based on this, the error detection and correction capability of the multiple input LFSR is investigated. The formulation provides an alternative analytical tool to the study of Cyclic Code and new insights to its practical application.
Scopus Subject Areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering