Ultraviolet organic light emitting diodes with 3,4,9,10-perylenetetracarboxylicdiimide (PTCDI) interlayer have been achieved. The emission spectrum and intensity were strongly dependent on the thickness of PTCDI interlayer, in spite of the fact that PTCDI has neither much lower HOMO nor much higher LUMO level, which is considered necessary for efficient charge blocking layers. The influence of PTCDI layer was investigated in three different device configurations and obtained results are discussed. For optimal device configuration, OLED with emission centered at 370 nm and turn-on voltage of 4.5 V is obtained.
Scopus Subject Areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Optoelectronic devices
- Organic light emitting diodes